ARG ASSET RECOVERY
Asset Recovery & Liquidations
ARG Asset Recovery Group, which provides liquidation services for manufacturers, wholesale distributors, and retailers, is an alternative to traditional liquidation companies. ARG provides a “total package” approach to assist lenders and companies in distressed situations to gain the greatest return on the dollar – an approach that has proven extremely effective.
ARG SERVICES INCLUDE
- On-site management
- Liquidation Expense budgeting and controls
- Inventory management
- System management
- Marketing and advertising
- Internal and external communications with all stake holders
- The process is micro-managed down to the last detail that can impact the bottom line.
ARG works closely with and through financial institutions, companies and turnaround professionals to find the best possible solution during reorganizations, restructuring, mergers, and acquisitions. We work with, not in opposition to, all professions to meet goals, providing a significant point of difference between ARG and traditional liquidators. ARG offers the insight of experienced inventory appraisers, liquidation consultants and restructuring professionals. ARG principals have extensive manufacturing and retail backgrounds, including systems, finance, management, marketing, and merchandising, that many traditional liquidators lack. Orderly and Strategic Programs include
- Equity (Cash) Programs
- Commission Programs
- Combination Commission and Equity Programs
- Market-Specific Consulting Services
ARG is a value-added workout and wind down company with unique operational and financial experience that allows for the implementation of a plan – not just the projection of it. Staffed with experienced executives, asset recovery experts, and restructuring professionals, ARG Wind Down Group provides an alternative to traditional workout and wind down companies. ARG provides workout, wind down, and asset recovery services for manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers. Whether it is the sale of a company, liquidation of inventory, collection of outstanding accounts receivable, or the sale of manufacturing equipment, ARG manages all aspects of a disposition.
What differentiates ARG from other companies is the ability to see the entire scope of a deal instead of looking at just one segment. The positions of everyone involved are analyzed, and a wind down and liquidation plan is developed that addresses the needs and concerns of all parties. ARG brings experienced operational, financial, and liquidation professionals to each assignment. Other wind down companies rely on financial people who understand the process, but do not have the hands-on operational knowledge. ARG professionals run each aspect of the project, thereby bringing added experience that effectively increases recovery.
ARG alleviates the tedious, repetitious aspects of the litigation process by assuming the role of the Responsible Party, which means managing the entire process from start to finish. This approach allows ARG to gain a clear understanding of the implications of all decisions made and how they will impact all parties involved. Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage work-out and wind-down process
- Manage and implement liquidation process
- Review in-court versus out-of-court options
- Communication plans – lenders, employees and creditors
- Chapter 11 planning and preparation
- Assess stability of operations
- DIP or cash-collateral budgeting
- Work with stakeholder to develop, negotiate and implement work out strategies
- Analysis of the alternatives available for maximizing recovery including sale as a going concern, orderly wind-down and liquidation, or a complete shutdown and liquidation
- Key employee retention and critical-vendor plans
- Marketing of all fixed assets, inventory, and intellectual property
- Manage 363 sales or out-of-court sales
- Manage an Article 9 Sale
- Monitor development and treatment of the Bank Group relative to Plan of Reorganization and Disclosure Statement
- Bankruptcy schedules and operating reports
- Litigation support and expert-witness testimony
- Preference analysis and recovery
- Manage insurance, security, employee issues, etc.
- Manage the Collection of Accounts Receivable
- Manage and coordination related professionals
ARG’s Remarketing Group divests either entire or partial inventories through wholesale distribution channels. The decision to sell in bulk or an orderly process depends largely on the type of inventory, its desirability and several other factors. When selling off part of an inventory, ARG realizes the need for almost surgical precision in execution, so as not to jeopardize the client’s ongoing markets. For this reason, ARG plans a marketing effort in conjunction with the clients to ensure that all parties are aware of who is being contacted and that all agree on pricing. It is only operating in this manner that outcomes beneficial to all are achieved.
The ARG Remarketing Group assists clients in disposing of assets that are unnecessary to current operations or are redundant to other inventory. This generates liquidity for the client and can clean up credit availability. The added value of using the ARG Remarketing Group is that the inventory is typically not sold off through the client’s normal channels of distribution, so the market is not flooded with off-price goods, which would impair the client’s ability to market its inventory at normal margins.
The inventories that are disposed of can be older slow-moving goods, inventories that were manufactured for or bought for customers who no longer want that product or a customer with whom the client no longer has a business relationship. This can be finished goods or raw materials and, in some cases, Work In-Process.
The personnel in ARG’s Remarketing Group have spent their entire professional careers in sales and marketing management, both domestically and internationally and have a large database of contacts around the world to dispose of excess inventories. Every day this division is seeking alternative channels of asset recovery.
In a typical situation a manufacturer, distributor or lender client will contact ARG in a sole effort to dispose of this inventory. In some instances, this inventory will be identified through another ARG activity, such as an appraisal or restructuring effort. ARG’s main focus in the Remarketing Group, as in all of its efforts, is to manage an outcome that is favorable to the client.